Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to take out rental insurance when I am renting a vehicle?
It is a good idea even if you already have full coverage insurance on your personal auto policy. Your personal auto policy will pay for the damages to the rental car less your deductible. But the rental company may charge you for the time the vehicle is rented due to the damage, This expense is not covered by your insurance.
Is having a trampoline a problem?
Yes, most companies do not provide any liability protection for trampoline accidents.
Is it a good idea to carry a $1,000,000 excess liability policy?
Yes, in some cases your present personal liability coverages may not be enough to cover the damages being awarded in today's personal injury suits. An excess liability policy usually runs between $100 to $150 per year.
Should I have a renters insurance policy?
Yes, if someone trips in your apartment and gets injured, you are liable. Also, if you cause a fire, you are liable for the damages. These are things most people don't think about. Of course the renters policy pays for covered losses to your personal property whether it is in your apartment or temporarily away from it. A renters policy can be as little as $120 per year.
Why do you need my social security number?
Most insurance companies are gathering credit information before issuing policies. The credit store is one factor that provides an objective, accurate and consistent tool that insurers use, along with other applicant information, to better anticipate claims and streamline the underwriting decision process.

Welcome  |  Our Products  |  Our Agents  |  Our Companies  |  Common Questions  |  Did You Know?

About Us  |  Our Location  |  Privacy Policy  |  Contact Us  |  After Hours Contact Info  |  Sitemap  |  Login

Copyright © 2017 - Mount Vernon Insurance Agency

Small Business Websites